SiSTEM Tutoring Agency has partnered with a school in Central Houston and is looking for qualified tutors that can tutor in a face-to-face environment. You MUST be able to work in-person and commute 1 to 10 miles from your location to the school located at Houston, TX 77047
Why join us at SiSTEM Tutoring Agency?
SiSTEM tutors double as mentors that encourage students to adopt academic values, beliefs and attitudes to form and reach academic goals. Our tutors work mostly with minority students, economically disadvantaged students, at-risk students, and migrant students.
SiSTEM’s mission is to cultivate a high standard of academic achievement through exceptional educational resources and services that unlock the true academic potential of all students. We strive to build a foundation for students to take accountability for their learning, in order to harbor long-term academic success.
Our vision is to provide students with increased access to personalized instruction that bridges learning gaps that may be experienced within the education system.
Our purpose is to cultivate confidence within our students, both inside and outside the classroom; and to provide mentorship that helps students navigate through their academic and career plans.
Tutoring Opportunity Details:
- Tutoring Mode: In-Person Tutoring
- Location: Houston, TX, 77047
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 3:30pm to 6:00pm CST
- STEM Enrichment Activities and Games for students in Kindergarten to 2nd Grade
- Start Date: ASAP
- End Date: Mid-June 2023 (with an extension into the 2023-2024 SY)
- Pay Rate: $20/hour to $25/hour
SiSTEM Tutoring Agency Qualifications & Requirements
ALL SiSTEM tutors must be any of these:
- A student teacher
- A college graduate (Bachelor’s, Master’s degree holder)
- A certified teacher with SBEC or other teacher state licensure certification
- A retired teacher with SBEC or other teacher state licensure certification
And ALL SiSTEM Tutors MUST:
- Be eligible to work in the United States of America and have the documentation to prove it
- Have a minimum of 1-2 years tutoring or teaching in a classroom or school environment
- Have expertise in Grades 3-8 Math, Grades 3-8 Reading, Grades 3-8 Writing
- Commit to tutoring to June 2023 with a possibility of extension
- Have reliable transportation and be able to attend in-person tutoring sessions in a timely and consistent manner
- Have your own computer and be technologically savvy (email, texting, Slack, Google Sheets/Excel)
- Have a selfless commitment to making a difference in students' lives (we work with at-risk, economically disadvantaged students and you must have compassion for all students regardless)
- Have a demonstrated history of working with behaviorally and academically challenging students
- Be able to work with 10 students at a time
- Be able to pass a background check
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt and relate to students from diverse backgrounds
- If you are bilingual (Spanish) that is a MAJOR plus!
- If you have expertise coming up with enrichment activities such as games, projects, assignments for students that is a MAJOR plus!
What You'll Get Working with SiSTEM:
- The ability to work with a diverse group of students from various backgrounds
- Opportunities for career growth + promotions
- Monthly recognition of your successes and wins
- Be a part of a community of STEM educators and professionals
- A full time or part-time experience that is financially rewarding
- Professional Development workshops
- SiSTEM handles all billing and scheduling so you can focus on the most important part which is tutoring!
- Supportive coworkers to help with materials, assessments, lesson planning, learning plan development and communication with schools