SiSTEM Tutoring Agency has partnered with several schools across Houston and we are looking for qualified tutors that can tutor in a face-to-face environment. You MUST be able to work in-person and commute 1 to 10 miles from your location to the schools located at:
Why join us at SiSTEM Tutoring Agency?
SiSTEM tutors double as mentors that encourage students to adopt academic values, beliefs and attitudes to form and reach academic goals. Our tutors work mostly with minority students, economically disadvantaged students, at-risk students, and migrant students.
SiSTEM’s mission is to cultivate a high standard of academic achievement through exceptional educational resources and services that unlock the true academic potential of all students. We strive to build a foundation for students to take accountability for their learning, in order to harbor long-term academic success.
Our vision is to provide students with increased access to personalized instruction that bridges learning gaps that may be experienced within the education system.
Our purpose is to cultivate confidence within our students, both inside and outside the classroom; and to provide mentorship that helps students navigate through their academic and career plans.
Tutoring Opportunity Details:
- Tutoring Mode: In-Person Tutoring
- Monday - Friday from 7:15am to 3:15pm
- What We Need:
- Mentors that can help elementary-aged and middle school students with homework; help them learn english, and help advocate and spread awareness about the student’s culture
- Skilled in Elementary School Science, Elementary School Math and/or Elementary School Reading
- Spanish speakers who can also speak English
- Start Date: March 20, 2023
- End Date: Summer 2023 with a possibility to extend to the next school year
- Pay Rate: $20-$23/hour
SiSTEM Tutoring Agency Qualifications & Requirements
ALL SiSTEM tutors must be any of these:
- A college student with at least 60 hours of credit hours
- A college graduate (Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral degree holder)
- A certified teacher with SBEC or other teacher state licensure certification
- A retired teacher with SBEC or other teacher state licensure certification
And ALL SiSTEM Tutors MUST:
- Be eligible to work in the United States of America and have a valid Social Security Number; Note: we do not sponsor visas at this time
- Have a minimum of 1-2 years mentoring, tutoring or teaching in a classroom or school environment
- Have expertise in Elementary and/or Middle school subjects
- Commit to tutoring for the duration of the assignment with a possibility of extension
- Have reliable transportation and be able to attend in-person tutoring sessions in a timely and consistent manner
- Have your own computer and be technologically savvy (email, texting, Slack, Google Sheets/Excel)
- Have a selfless commitment to making a difference in students' lives (we work with migrant students and you must have compassion for all students regardless)
- Have a demonstrated history of working with students who are learning to speak English
- Be able to work with 1 to 5 students at a time
- Be able to pass a background check
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt and relate to students from diverse backgrounds
- If you are bilingual (Spanish) that is a MAJOR plus and we will take preference to this
What You'll Get Working with SiSTEM:
- Supportive coworkers to help with materials, assessments, lesson planning, learning plan development and communication with schools
- The ability to work with a diverse group of students from various backgrounds
- Opportunities for career growth + promotions
- Monthly recognition of your successes and wins
- Be a part of a community of STEM educators and professionals
- A full time or part-time experience that is financially rewarding
- Professional Development workshops, Wellness Wednesdays
- SiSTEM handles all billing and scheduling so you can focus on the most important part which is tutoring!